The services provided by The Ebenezer Children Centre:-
1. Giving the children some proper and required diet, as most of them were in very disappointing condition, because of missing the milk of the mother which is hugely important to a baby. After losing their parents, we then tried hard to provision of food the aid from other volunteers, which were done for the grace of the God, though it was absolutely difficult. The hardship comes from lacking of the centre fund for the children services, but also it should be remembered that in Ngorongoro here, people do not grow crops for food. However, there is no way out as we have to take the position of the children parents, meaning you and me who are reading here now.
2. We also provide bedding service for the orphans here, although it is not such easy as we have got only two rooms accommodation in a single building, whereby the first one is for boys and the second one for girls. We currently have the total number of 14 girls and 13 boys, but the number has been increasing rapidly. Three individuals sleep in a single bed; as a result we are now unable to accommodate more orphans children for we do not have a place to keep them. We know that, most orphans are suffering even others starving to death. This has made us forced to follow them to their enclosures, bringing them some food and other necessary needs. For those who are from farther than where we can reach, are extremely more vulnerable to death because of starving and diseases.
3. They are also provided the health care by bringing them to the hospital for check up, while facing the challenges of costs as the centre has insufficient money for the all services to the children.
4. They are also provided the health care by bringing them to the hospital for check up, while facing the challenges of costs as the centre has insufficient money for the all services to the children.
5. We have been as well doing everything possible to give the children an education, which is tremendously important for them. After having being able to provision them some food and shelter, with the God’s merci, we found it quite good to give them the valuable thing education which is extremely now needed to every Maasai here for their children.
6. Following the importance education matter, we have got a single classroom. The room is used for the standard one, standard two and the kindergartens that we have. We absolutely wish everyone would get their class for lectures but we are beyond this because of lacking enough rooms for the classes.
7. We have got only two teachers, who have been just been working as volunteers as we obviously have not enough money to pay them regularly apart from depending on the offerings from the members of the church, which which is sometimes not sufficient. For the compassion of these orphans, we are asking and requesting to everyone willing to help and join us, whether it is a company, an individual person or the government to join us on;
I. Cooperating with us to add more classrooms, that we can aid the children to have their education as the basic requirement for them.
II. Helping in provision of food and shelter for good lives of the children.
III. Assisting in getting the power (electric) as we do not have electric to the centre. We have been looking forward to having the solar energy here. Even if the helper may need to have a child, two or more to assist in providing them education, food and shelter he/she is warmly welcomed to children orphans centre at Ngorongoro. It is better to be well understood that the challenges is big bearing in mind that the spread of HIV/AIDS here is somehow high. Thus, we beg everyone to assist in helping the children of Maasai and Mang’ati community living in Ngorongoro.
We beg your cooperation.
For more information contact us: E-mail: email@example.com